Real Estate & Zoning

Real Estate Law / Tarley Robinson PLC

Real Estate law encompasses a wide variety of matters, and our attorneys have vast experience to assist you. Whether you need assistance with a commercial or residential closing, or you have questions relating to residential or commercial leasing, we provide experienced advice and counsel to our clients.

Zoning law can be a complicated maze of statutes and ordinances. We have ample experience in successful applications for rezoning, variance, and special use permit requests.

Finally, commercial and residential construction provide special challenges with respect to financing issues and the construction process. We serve as counsel to various financial institutions.

Why do I need a closing attorney when my title company offers settlement services?

In the past few years, there has been a huge increase in the number of closings performed by settlement agents, not attorneys. These decisions are usually made based upon a perception that the settlement agents are less expensive than attorneys. We will provide you with a cost estimate for your closing fee and title insurance. Our closing attorneys provide you with full review and counsel regarding you’re closing documents, legal advice regarding any disputes, and regular updates as we work for you to close the deal. Settlement agents cannot practice law, and therefore cannot provide any of these services. Call to speak with one of our attorneys to discuss your transaction in more detail.

Standard leases and real estate contracts are available everywhere, aren’t those just as good?

In a word, “No.” There is no such thing as a “standard” lease or contract. Each document is unique to your situation. If you enter into one of these boilerplate leases or contracts, you will not know whether terms important to you are contained within that document. Unfortunately, these are the types of matters that can end up in litigation. You protect your interests, and potentially save a lot of time and money, by having one of our attorneys review your lease or contract before you sign it.

Is the rezoning or variance process complicated in the Williamsburg area?

In many cases, you may not need a lawyer for your uncomplicated variance or rezoning change. In our experience, the professionals in the planning departments of Williamsburg, James City County, and York County are very helpful to guide you through the process.

However, if your request involves a more significant change, or if you simply want to discuss your proposal, our attorneys can help you. We have extensive knowledge of the various zoning ordinances and familiarity with the local government officials to provide you with the information you need to make your decisions.

  • Phone Numbers

    (757) 229-4281- Office
    (757) 229-7439 – Fax

  • Address

    4801 Courthouse Street
    Suite 122
    Williamsburg, Virginia 23188

Web Development by OneWaveMedia.Com